Assist PADEP/Stakeholders with Development of Phase III Watershed Implementation Plans
Support Restoration of the Chesapeake Bay & Local Impaired Waterways
Lower Susquehanna Region, Pennsylvania
SRBC is assisting PADEP with development of a Phase III Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP) that will outline the actions needed to meet PA’s nutrient and sediment goals under the Chesapeake Bay TMDL. Specific tasks include providing technical support for: 1) analyzing and interpreting pollutant monitoring data, 2) developing recommended pollutant reduction strategies, and 3) assisting PA’s stakeholder workgroups with integrating all the information for the development of county‐based implementation strategies to meet the Bay TMDL 2025 goals.
- Securing resources for the amount of work needed to implement “on‐the‐ground” measures needed to achieve reductions.
• Complete data toolbox for developing pollutant reduction strategies(July 2018)
• Complete draft WIP III planning template for Lancaster, York, Adams, and Franklin counties(November 2018)
• Complete PA’s WIP III Plan(July 2019)
• Execute PA’s WIP III Plan(January 2020)